Throughout participation in student organizations and student activities at Macaulay, Student Leaders will build and develop skills related to:
- Effective Communication
- Leadership and management
Responsibilities of club leaders
- Be familiar with policies and regulations of Macaulay Student Activities, Macaulay Scholars Council scheduling, funding, etc. Student Leaders must also be familiar with the constitution of the student organization.
- Assist members in becoming acquainted with these policies.
- Keep abreast of the activities of the organization.
- Assist the organization in all aspects of program planning (managing a budget, developing a time line, scheduling, etc.)
- Address issues of failure within the organization and members’ lack of assuming responsibility: assist in resolving issues of conflict.
- Help to maintain an active relationship between the student organization and the Student Development Office.
- At your discretion, be present at scheduled meetings and you must attend all social events of the organization.
When to come to student development
- Assist in resolving issues of conflict.
- Restructuring your organization or constitution/charter document.
- In the process of planning a large student event.
- In the process of planning a trip or travel proposal.
- For administrative and process questions.
- For coaching and advice.
Club Leader Eligibility
To be a leader of a Macaulay Honors College student club or initiative you must:
- Be enrolled for classes as a Macaulay Honors Student in the semester you are serving
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 (Leaders on Student Support may continue to serve as long as their GPA does not fall below a 2.0)
- Have completed the yearly SPARC (Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course) Training by the deadline set by Student Development
You cannot serve as a club leader during a semester in which you are studying abroad. Winter or Summer sessions do not apply.
*Non-Macaulay CUNY students are not eligible to serve as a Club Leader in a Macaulay Club.